4/14/12

Pancakes 4 Ways

I know I've posted about pancakes before.  But this time, I really mean it.

Since America's Test Kitchen is genius, my recipe deserved a makeover.

Don't worry, still healthier because they include buckwheat, so we're good on that front.

I know you were worried about that.

This morning I made plain, blueberry, raspberry and chocolate chip.  I ate well.

(adapted from America's Test Kitchen)
You'll Need:
- 1 + 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour (this stuff is so good for you!)
- 2 + 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
- blueberries, chocolate chips, raspberries (if you want)
- vegetable oil for pan

First.


Whisk together the lemon juice and milk, set aside.  Then, whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Add the egg to the milk mixture and whisk, then add butter...whisk again.  Add the wet to the dry and mix until there are very few lumps.



Second.


Heat skillet with vegetable oil, wipe out excess with a paper towel.  Once the pan is hot, add batter and desired fillings to the uncooked top of the cooking pancake. Flip, cook, eat.









No comments:

Post a Comment