Leftover pastry dough is one of my greatest joys. I never get tired of dressing it up with whatever berries and fruits my kitchen supplies.
I like the idea of a non-soggy, easy apple pie. As a result I made Lazy Apple Pie.
You can follow these steps for tartlets or take the easier route and do the below steps.
Lazy Apple Pie
-2-4 T. honey (depending on the tartness of your apple)
-cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice
1. Preheat the oven to 375 (F). Cut your thinly rolled pastry dough into any shapes you like and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
2. Cut the apple into centimeter cubes and in a small bowl, drizzle honey over them. Add 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon and a few pinches of the other spices and stir. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
3. Using a pastry brush, paint butter over pastry pieces and them paint some of the apple syrup over as well. Stick in the oven until golden brown (10-20 minutes depending on the size of your pieces)
4. Put the apple mixture in a small saucepan over low heat and cook until apples are tender.
5. Use the apple mixture like a chip dip with pastry as the chips!