9/6/13

Vanilla Pastry Cream Tart Topped with Easy Blueberry Jam

While it's still summer and the sun still shines, I figured I'd better get my summery desserts out of the way.
I used my favorite tart shell recipe - again - and made another tart.

My favorite part was the blueberry jam, which I made up on the spot!

Easy Blueberry Jam
-2.5 cups blueberries (if frozen, rinse in strainer)
-1.5 tsp. cornstarch
-1 T. water
-4 T. sugar
-1 tsp. honey
-juice from 1/2 lemon

1. Place blueberries in a medium saucepan with water.  Cook over medium heat until blueberries soften, stirring with a heatproof spatula.  Add cornstarch.

2.  Sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar and all of the honey on top.  Continue to cook, tasting as you go.  Some blueberries may be sweeter than others.  Add the remaining sugar if needed.  Cook while stirring 1-2 minutes and add lemon juice.  Cook 3-4 minutes more until mixture is thickened.

3. Pour into a bowl to cool.  Keep in refrigerator.











That went fast.

1 comment: